Here's another quick, easy, and simple dish that can be eaten as a meal itself, a snack, or as a side with a protein.
Grilled Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
4 medium sweet potatoes
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
3 ounces light feta, crumbled
2 tablespoons olive oil
Black pepper, to taste
1. Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 3/4 inch rounds
2. Heat grill pan on medium-high heat
3. Toss sweet potato slices with olive oil and black pepper
4. Place sweet potato slices on grill pan (or you could roast them in the oven)
5. After 3-4 minutes, rotate the slices a quarter turn (to get nice grill marks)
6. After 7-8 minutes, flip the sweet potato slices over
7. Cook for another 7-8 minutes and remove from grill pan
8. Slice the rounds into bite size pieces and place back into the bowl you originally tossed the uncooked sweet potatoes in. This way you can use the olive oil and pepper that was left in the bowl.
9. Add in the julienned basil and crumbled feta and toss.
Serves 4. Each serving is: