Monday, August 29, 2011

Squash Ribbons Recipe


Yet another dish from the Hurricane Watch 2011 festivities: squash ribbons.  This makes 4 servings, but you could eat the entire recipe and still be under 150 calories.

Squash Ribbons Recipe

Ingredients:
3 medium yellow squash
1 cup red onion, sliced into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
lemon pepper
Olive oil



Directions:

1. Using a vegetable peeler, create "ribbons" from the squash.  The technique I found that worked best was to work from one side and peel until I got almost to the center, then flip the squash around and peel from the opposite side, until I got down to about a half inch thickness of squash.  Then I peeled from the other two sides as much as I could, discarding the center that was basically just seeds.


2. Heat up a large pan and spray (I used my Misto) with a tiny bit of olive oil.  Add the onion, garlic, and squash to the pan.  


3.  Season liberally with lemon pepper and sau for 4-5 minutes.


4.  Serve and enjoy!




Nutritional Information:
Serves 4.  Each serving is:
Calories: 34
Fat: 0
Carbs: 8
Protein: 2
Fiber: 2
Sodium: 84

No comments:

Post a Comment