Another item I made during Hurricane Watch 2011 was my cornbread. This stuff is amazing. It's one of the easiest recipes, nearly idiot-proof. People who say they don't like cornbread eat this stuff and change their minds. Try it. Betcha can't eat just one!
Cornbread Muffins Recipe
1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 small can cream style corn (8.75 oz)
2 tbsp sugar
Splash of skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease muffin tin with oil (I used my Misto filled with olive oil). Place oiled muffin tin in oven while it preheats.
2. Mix together wet ingredients: egg, corn, milk.
3. Add in dry ingredients: Jiffy mix and sugar. Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Carefully remove muffin tin from the oven. The oil should be heated thoroughly. Pour batter evenly into tin. You should hear a sizzle when the batter hits the tin.
5. Bake for 18 minutes, then turn oven off and let the muffins sit in there as the oven cools.
Serves 12. Each serving is: