This is a quick and easy (and tasty!) recipe that I usually throw together on the weekend and take to work for lunch through the week. Only 291 calories!
Greek Couscous Salad Recipe
1 cup whole wheat couscous
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup chopped red onion
2 cucumbers, chopped (I used persian cucumbers because they're seedless)
1/2 can of pitted black olives, halved
4 oz. light feta, crumbled
2 tablespoons lemon juice
10 tablespoons fat free, very low calorie Italian dressing (I used Kraft Free Zesty Italian, only 15 calories)
pepper and garlic salt, to taste
1. Bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Remove from heat and add the dry couscous to the broth. Stir until the grains are completely immersed in the liquid. Cover, and let stand for five minutes.
2. Meanwhile, chop up the veggies and add to a bowl.
3. Fluff the couscous with a fork and let cool.
4. Add the Italian dressing, crumbled feta, and lemon juice to the veggies and toss until the veggies are coated with the dressing.
5. Add the cooled couscous to the bowl of veggies, stir, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 very large servings.
Saturated Fat: 1