Monday, March 21, 2011

Fish Tacos Recipe


I had a package of Trader Joe's seasoned mahi mahi fillets sitting in my freezer that I needed to use, so I decided to make fish tacos tonight.  I also had some asparagus, so I made that on the side as well.  The meal was pretty good and turned out to only be 330 calories total (250 for the tacos, 80 for the asparagus).  

Fish Tacos Recipe

Ingredients:
1 package Trader Joe's seasoned mahi mahi fillets (1/3 package per serving)
Herdez green salsa (or any salsa of your liking)
Shredded cabbage (not pictured)
Corn tortillas (2 per serving)


Cooking Directions:
1.  Heat a pan on medium-high heat and add the mahi mahi to the pan.  Since the mahi mahi is already marinated, there wasn't any need to add oil to the pan.  Cook 5 minutes on each side.
2.  Heat the tortillas in a pan or in the microwave.
3.  Assemble tacos: add the fish, shredded cabbage, and salsa to the tortillas.


Asparagus

All I did was wash the asparagus and break off the tough part of the stems, then coat the spears in half a tablespoon of olive oil and some garlic salt.  I stuck them in the oven at 300° for the entire time I spent cooking and assembling the tacos (about 15 minutes).



And here's the finished product:

Nutritional Information:
Fish Tacos
Serving size: 2 tacos
Calories: 250
Carbs: 25
Fat: 7
Saturated Fat: 1
Protein: 23
Fiber: 3

Asparagus
Serving size: about 10 spears


Calories: 80
Carbs: 8
Fat: 4
Saturated Fat: 1
Protein: 4
Fiber: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment