I love homemade veggie burgers and tofu burgers; I hate the frozen stuff from the stores. After sampling a tofu burger patty at an Asian market, I decided to create a healthier, lower calorie version of it that I could enjoy on a regular basis. At only 265 calories per serving, here's the recipe.
Tofu Burger Recipe
1 package extra firm tofu
Sandwich Thins (I used Arnold's brand, multigrain - only 100 calories each!)
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1. Crumble tofu in a large bowl.
2. Add panko, sesame seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper to the tofu and combine.
3. Form tofu mixture into four patties.
4. Heat pan and spray with olive oil (I used my Misto).
5. Cook patties until brown on both sides (about 4 minutes on each side).
6. Toast sandwich thins and serve with your favorite burger toppings. I used baby spinach, dijon mustard, and red onion slices.
Serves 4. Nutritional information is just the patty and bun (before adding burger toppings).
Each serving is:
Saturated Fat: 2