I haven't posted a recipe in a while, so I thought I'd share this quick and easy vegetarian stir fry recipe. It's so simple and takes only about 30 minutes, so it's great to prepare after a long day of work. It makes two servings, so I usually just have one for dinner and have the second serving for lunch the next day.
1 container Baked Tofu, Teriyaki Flavor (I use the Trader Joe's brand, but any brand will work, the savory flavor works well too)
Bag of frozen veggies (or fresh, I like bell peppers, so I used a bag of mixed green, red, and yellow peppers)
2 teaspoons Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
2 tablespoons Szechuan Spicy Stir Fry Sauce (or any stir fry sauce of your choice)
1 teaspoon corn starch (optional)
3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
1. Wash the rice, cover with water, and set in the rice cooker to cook.
2. While the rice is cooking, cut up the tofu bricks into bite size pieces.
3. Add the tofu and veggies to a hot pan, cook on high heat. You don't need to add oil because the moisture from the frozen veggies will prevent anything from sticking.
4. Once a significant amount of water has cooked away, add the Sriracha and Stir Fry Sauces.
5. If your sauce is looking too watery, combine the corn starch with a little bit of water and add to the sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil, cook for one minute, then turn off the heat. As it cools slightly, the sauce will become much thicker.
6. Serve the stir fry over brown rice.
Each serving is:
Saturated Fat: 1