Monday, December 26, 2011

Restaurant Style Salsa Recipe


My family loves spicy food and they also love tex-mex.  Every time I go to visit, my mom makes me cook any new recipes I've come up with.  About two summers ago, I decided I wanted to learn how to make the addicting Mexican rice and salsa they have at restaurants, but healthier.  I came up with this recipe and now every time I visit, my family doesn't let me leave without making this a few times, and making extra for after I leave.  I will make a huge container of this salsa, and my dad will have eaten the entire thing in two days.  He also does this with my guacamole.  I'll post the guac and Mexican rice recipes soon.

Restaurant Style Salsa Recipe

Ingredients:

4 roma tomatoes
2 jalapeno peppers
1/2 red onion, chopped
lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
handful of cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste



Directions:

1. Place the tomatoes and jalapenos in a pot and cover with water. 



2. Place on stove and bring to a boil.  Boil until the skins of the tomatoes are wrinkly and start to come off.




3. Peel the skins off of the tomatoes and chop the stem off of the jalapenos.



4. Squeeze out as much water from the tomatoes as you can, then blend the tomatoes and jalapenos together.

 

5.  Add in the cilantro, onion, lime juice, salt, and pepper.



6.  Mix everything together and serve!


Nutritional Information:
This is for the entire batch, it ends up being nominal per tablespoon.
Calories: 193
Carbs: 42
Fat: 5
Protein: 5
Fiber: 7
Sodium: 1189

No comments:

Post a Comment